What will I be doing?
We currently have a small team of engineers and have successfully designed and built a product which is used across some of Ireland's most progressive Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals. You'll be part of this growing team, and help design, implement, and deploy the next tier of software components.
A major part of this is implementing the code that drives our products, but the role includes contributing along the whole development process, including: deciding what features to build, driving the design and architecture, testing and deployment, documenting the features and design.
What technologies will I be using?
- Live data updates (via Server Sent Events)
- Reactive UI views (similar to React, Vue, Svelte, etc…)
- Simple declarative UI templates (HTML & CSS)
- Native Web Components for common elements (e.g. Buttons, Input Fields)
- Single-file UI components for views (similar to .vue / .svelte components)
- Seamless data layer (similar to Ember Data Store + CouchDB / PouchDB)
- Encrypted offline data cache (similar to IBM JSONStore)
- Server-side reactive data processing (MongoDB Change Streams & Lamba Functions)
- Client-side multi-threading via Web Workers
Our architecture goals include:
- High-performance runtime (fast & responsive on all devices).
- Separation of concerns for the core layers (server processing, data sync, REST API, business logic, client-side storage, UI components, etc.). Each component does one thing, and does it well.
- Common client / server modules and business logic use the same code to keep internal APIs consistent; avoiding duplication of logic.
- Great DX – it's fast and seamless to build out new components.
- Solid telemetry across the platform for quickly isolating issues in development & production.
What skills do I need?
- Experience building API-driven client applications.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure fundamentals (virtual machines, basic networking principles, Linux command line).
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Perks & Benefits
Highly competitive salary.
For the value you put into VetDrive, we want you to share in the success.
Flexible work hours, and location. Working remotely, or from home is possible.
30 days paid time off for vacation, holidays & sick days.
Please send a recent CV to .
We will follow up with suitable applicants and set up an initial phone introduction; with any further stages taking place using video conferencing.
Looking forward to hearing from you 😀.
* This is a rough guideline for what compensation we expect for this role and will depend on seniority and split between cash and equity.